It’s fantastic to be in Orlando at Microsoft Ignite and Microsoft Envision, with more than 25,000 customers and partners from around the world. The technologies we announced today give every organization new ways to grow their business, now and into the future. There is a lot to see, hear and experience at Microsoft Ignite, but here is my rundown of the top five announcements we made:
- Not-so-secret-ingredients: During his keynote, Satya showed how Microsoft is infusing AI and Mixed Reality into our products to help customers be the disruptors, not the disrupted. Just ask Ford or HP.
- All workers welcome: With Microsoft 365 for firstline workers and students, we’ve expanded our effort to change the culture of work. #WorkSmartTogether
- Bridge to the cloud: Azure Stack is now available through Dell EMC, HPE and Lenovo for ready-made hybrid cloud. Oh, and bonus, we’re helping customers save some serious cabbage with Azure Cost Management services by Cloudyn.
- Finding insights in petabytes: The new release of the world’s most popular database, SQL Server 2017, and enhancements to Azure Machine Learning will foster a new generation of intelligent apps and AI models.
- Quantum quest: We’ve been working on quantum computing for 12 years. Now we’re giving developers a new programming language and tools to ask the big questions and get even bigger answers, from a billion parallel universes.
And while quantum theory and computing are based on imaginary numbers, there is nothing imaginary about all the advancements coming out of Microsoft Ignite. Go to microsoft.com/ignite to learn more.