ByteDance let us know today they would not be selling TikTok’s US operations to Microsoft. We are confident our proposal would have been good for TikTok’s users, while protecting national security interests. To do this, we would have made significant changes to ensure the service met the highest standards for security, privacy, online safety, and combatting disinformation, and we made these principles clear in our August statement. We look forward to seeing how the service evolves in these important areas.
- Digital optimism: Customers drive cloud and industry innovation with Microsoft technology
- Redundancy for resilience: The importance of layered protection in the cloud
- Our commitment to helping small- to medium-size businesses build skills for success
- Microsoft acquires CloudKnox Security to offer unified privileged access and cloud entitlement management
- Partnering with the NIH to advance biomedical research