ByteDance let us know today they would not be selling TikTok’s US operations to Microsoft. We are confident our proposal would have been good for TikTok’s users, while protecting national security interests. To do this, we would have made significant changes to ensure the service met the highest standards for security, privacy, online safety, and combatting disinformation, and we made these principles clear in our August statement. We look forward to seeing how the service evolves in these important areas.
- Is the Value of Bitcoin Tied to Ransomware Rates?
- Community partnership hosts public vaccine site to help with safe, equitable distribution
- This World Backup Day, Our Customers Do the Talking
- Celebrating World Autism Awareness Day – and Autism Acceptance Month
- Army moves Microsoft HoloLens-based headset from prototyping to production phase