ByteDance let us know today they would not be selling TikTok’s US operations to Microsoft. We are confident our proposal would have been good for TikTok’s users, while protecting national security interests. To do this, we would have made significant changes to ensure the service met the highest standards for security, privacy, online safety, and combatting disinformation, and we made these principles clear in our August statement. We look forward to seeing how the service evolves in these important areas.
- Microsoft’s 2021 Diversity & Inclusion report: Demonstrating progress and remaining accountable to our commitments
- NIST and No-notice: Finding the Goldilocks zone for phishing simulation difficulty
- Survey: How well do IT pros know AI and machine learning?
- Ransomware Series: Video 2
- The 6 Nastiest Malware of 2021